Please read the following submission guidelines before entering your film into The Van d’Or Awards 2013 – Powered by Ford
22 April Early-bird submissions open
(via Withoutabox & The Van d’Or Awards site)
12 June Early-bird submissions deadline
9 Aug Final submissions deadline
16 Aug Extended submissions deadline
Entry fees for submissions to the SHORT / MUSIC-BASED categories are:
- Early-Bird £10/€15 EB Student £7.50/€10
- Regular £15/€20 R Student £10/€15
Entry fees for submissions to the FEATURE category are:
- Early-Bird £20/€25 EB Student £15/€20
- Regular £25/€30 R Student £20/€25
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
The 2013 Van d’Or Award for Best Film (Short)
Best Feature-length Film
Best Motion Design
Screen Social award for Best Music-based film
Best Sound Design
Grass Roots Award
Films entered will also be eligible for an Un Certain Regard award (films of note which deserve special recognition)
- Submissions for the Van d’Or Awards 2013 must be from within European countries.
- All non English-language entries must include subtitles.
- Entries for the Short category must be no longer than 20 minutes in length.
- Entries for the Feature-length category must be between 30 – 120 minutes in length.
- Entries for the Music-based category must be no longer than 10 minutes in length.
- Entries for the Student Film in Transit award must comply with the relevant terms & conditions of submission.
- Entries should have been completed after December 2011.
- It is the filmmaker’s responsibility to obtain rights, clearances and permissions. Cannes in a Van (CIAV) assumes no responsibility for violation of copyright law.
- The submitting filmmaker must be directly responsible for the creative control and direction of the project. Collaborative efforts may be recognized and acknowledged, but only the submitting filmmaker will be awarded any applicable prize.
- Films should be provided on DVD or hi-res digital file and should be clearly labeled with the title, running time, WAB tracking number (if applicable), and a contact email.
- DVD submissions should be sent to Cannes in a Van, Premier Floor, 4 Ravey Street, London, EC2A 4QP, UK.
- Each entry must be accompanied by the following: Entry fee + Submission documentation
- If selected, confirmation email will be sent to the contact person provided.
- Location, date/time and number of times film screened are at the discretion of the festival. CIAV cannot guarantee that the film selected will be shown in Cannes.
- CIAV in no way guarantees the return of any entry and no guarantee is therefore expressed. Submitted entry copies will not be returned due to the high volume of entries received.
- CIAV cannot accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to DVDs while they are on loan to us.
- Entries may be disqualified for the following: Inappropriate material / Incomplete application materials & documentation / Submissions on unacceptable media / No application fee enclosed with entry. In the case of disqualification, an attempt will be made by the festival staff to contact the entrant. This will allow an opportunity for the disqualification to be remedied.
- In the case of questions, disputes or misunderstandings, the decisions of the Directors of the Festival are final. No correspondence will be entered into with reference to this issue.
- Entrants shall indemnify, defend and hold the Festival, its agents and its representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any breach of these representations, or arising out of any matter contained in the media or otherwise by the Festival’s use of the media.
- Participating in the film festival implies acceptance and understanding of festival terms and conditions.
- The final closing date for all submissions is 16th August 2013. Entries must be received by that date or posted dated no later than 16.08.13. to be considered.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2013 VAN d’OR AWARDS ARE NOW CLOSED